2020-2021 CPCM Scholars (left to right): Dan Goulet, Jeff Davis, Jasmin Kruell, Ingred Goretti Rica, Tigist Tamir, Ye Zhang
- Jeffrey Davis, Vander Heiden Lab: Jeff studies the metabolic programs that determine cell fate acquisition and differentiation potential in development and cancer.
- Daniel Goulet, Hemann Lab: Using a mouse model of B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia, Daniel’s work aims at identifying the tumor cell intrinsic and extrinsic factors that contribute to drug resistance.
- Jasmin Kruell, Koehler Lab: Jasmin’s research is focused on targeting the transcription factor Myb using small molecules in acute myeloid leukemia.
- Ingred Goretti Rica, Yaffe Lab: Ingred is studying the role of a specific population of neutrophils with immunosuppressive properties in the tumor microenvironment and trauma.
- Tigist Tamir, White Lab: In her work, Tigist uses a multi-omics approach to understand functional modifications on proteins in cancer resistance.
- Ye Zhang, Manalis Lab: Ye is developing and utilizing microfluidic platforms to measure biophysical properties of tumor cells.